Claim Reporting

To report a motor vehicle claim:

What to do after an accident?

Remain at the scene and do not admit fault.

Call the police to report the accident.

Exchange information with the other driver(s) (such as insurance carrier with policy number, your name, and phone number).

Call your insurance agent. Some companies prefer that you make the call into the claims department, but your agent can help with the decision to turn in the claim.


What do I do after a loss?

Contact your agent immediately and report the claim. Your agent will not make a determination of coverage, but will send the claim on to an adjustor who will contact you after checking your policy coverage.

In case of theft, vandalism or malicious mischief, also notify the police.

Protect your property from further damage. Make necessary and reasonable repairs to protect the property.

Make a list of all damaged or destroyed property, showing in detail quantities, costs, actual cash value and amount of loss.

In the case of livestock death also permit a licensed veterinarian to perform a post mortum examination within 48 hours of death.